I’ve been catching up on blog reading today and have noticed several day-in-the-life entries. Love them! I love learning about other lives and routines and opinions and habits. I think it’s fascinating that there are all these records of life floating around out there – stories and struggles and adventures and monotony. I’m a big fan.

Today I’ve done absolutely nothing (meaning I’ve made it so far as to take and post pictures of the dogs, paint my toenails, take a shower and put on clean pajamas – but that’s it as of 3PM), so I’ll rewind to yesterday (Saturday).

6AM – Woke up to Molly scratching here and there on her crate to go out. Waited to see if she’d go back to sleep and debated about running.

6:30AM – Got up and took both dogs out. Made coffee. Decided to run, so started getting ready to leave by 7.

6:45AM – Got a text from a friend reminding me that the group was pushed back to 8AM vs. our typical 7:30AM. Took advantage of the extra time and ate some yogurt with a little honey, some walnuts and frozen blueberries for breakfast, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, swept the kitchen floor, started a load of laundry.

7:30AM – Buckled Molly into the backseat and left to meet up with the running group.

8AM – Ran 4.15 miles with Molly. Everyone else went further (and faster), but I saw them here and there on the greenway. Lots of people out since it was a beautiful morning.

9:30AM – Home. Decided to take advantage of the sun and 60 degree weather and tackled some yard work. Cut down a bunch of dead Pampas grass, picked up limbs that fell during a recent storm, etc. Hauled 5-6 wheelbarrow loads to the debris pile.

11AM – Discovered Molly digging in the mud when I returned to the yard from taking the wheelbarrow on a debris pile trip. Brought her in and unsuccessfully tried to clean her feet. She wound up in the bathtub since the dirt was caked in/on her paws. (That hose thing hanging down? LIFE SAVER. Makes bathing her way easier. She’s not super challenging – jumps right in the bathtub and seems to enjoy it – but she’s big and cumbersome. It’s very easy to attach and use when needed.)


11:20AM – Decided to bathe Henry, too, while I was at it.

11:45AM – 2PM – Cleaned up the mess I made bathing the dogs, cleaned the bathroom, dusted stuff, vacuumed the main level of the house (where I primarily live), mopped the main level of the house, watered plants, started another load of laundry (all of the dog bedding/blankets since the dogs were now both clean – usually wash their stuff once a week or so, anyway, though).

2PM – 3PM – Finally took a shower, got dressed in something other than running clothes and ate lunch. Lunch was about half a cup of leftover rice with salsa and sour cream on top, a cheese stick and some nuts. I had been busy and wasn’t super hungry. Checked email and made a shopping list while I ate.

3PM – 4:30PM – Ran to Target to pick up a few things. Totally crashed from not eating enough, so stopped at Chick-fil-A and ate a chargrilled chicken breast with the lettuce and tomato (no bun) and a fruit cup. Stopped at the food co-op and picked up a fancy pound cake to take to a friend’s house later since I didn’t feel like making anything.

4:30PM – Home, put everything away, took the dogs out, gave them some new toys/bones to play with so they’d leave me alone, set my alarm for 6:30PM and sat on the couch to watch tv/take a nap for a couple of hours. My legs and back were hurting from the nearly non-stop activity, so I stretched a little. Jon called from Germany, so I talked to him for a while.


6:30PM – Got up and got ready to leave (took the dogs out, etc.). Ate a banana and a few nuts. Drove to a friend’s house.

7PM – Midnight – Hung out with a group of friends eating, drinking (them) and playing Cards Against Humanity. Missed Jon. Fun night.

Midnight – Home. Took the dogs out. Asleep within 30 seconds.

So. That’s my life right now. Today I’m doing nothing. Tomorrow I’ll return to work and go to a strength training session after work and wait for another Saturday to start all of this stuff over again.


Other than wishing Jon didn’t have to travel so much right now, I really wouldn’t change a thing. (Except maybe the decision a month or so ago to let the house cleaner go.)