It’s been nearly a month since I last posted, so I’m going to go with pictures and bullets. As usual, I’d have no memory of the past month if not for pictures I’ve posted on Flickr.
- We went to Nashville the weekend of Nov 9 since a friend of ours was running her first marathon. We followed the course and met her along the way at various miles to cheer her on (and hung out in restaurants or in our car to stay warm because I forgot my coat and was woefully unprepared for the cold weather). Jon ran the last 12 miles with her. She did great – finished in 4:53, I think. It was a fun day.
- Molly is still SO FUN. We’ve been running with her some and otherwise trying to appropriately socialize her.
- I think we might have a horse on our hands, though.
- It snowed!
- I had a burrito catastrophe and wound up with 7 super nice firemen in my house just a few hours before we were due to leave town for Thanksgiving. Our house still reeks of smoke. My big post-Thanksgiving shopping? New microwave. Totally freaked the dogs out. The only reason I knew the kitchen was full of smoke was because of the racket Henry made.
- We went to Jon’s mom’s house (ATL area) for Thanksgiving and ran a Turkey Day 5k (with Molly), ate a ton of food, took pictures and drove home the next day. We left early for the 5k because we weren’t really sure where we were going, so we killed time in our warm car with donuts. Molly did really well – she can run about 2.5 miles with no problem, but drags some after that. Loves people and kids, so it was great.
- We ran a small 10k on Saturday. Jon placed 3rd in his age group! I ran with a friend who just recently started running and was running her first 10k. I had no stress whatsoever because I didn’t care about my pace or anything like that – it was fun to just run and talk. COLD, though. I think it was 23 when we started – and very foggy. I took pics as we ran, but I couldn’t capture the ice on my hair, ear bud wire or jacket.
- Through a strange set of circumstances, we “adopted” another “baby” from the (very quirky, but very nice) woman who originally took Molly from her neglectful first owner. It’s a 25 year old corn plant (I think) that she raised from a baby. His name is Chester. I’m serious.
- Jon experimented with a bourbon brine. There’s a turkey in there somewhere. It’s smoking (being smoked?) in the Big Green Egg as I type.
- I experimented with my first pinterest project: a tomato cage tree.
- I waited until after Thanksgiving to decorate, but just barely. Everything looks pretty decent now that it’s done (and lit, etc.), but I haven’t taken any “after” pictures. Will get around to that eventually.
- I’m taking the month of December mostly off from running. Not completely – I have plans to run 3 miles at 5:30 in the morning, for example – just not adhering to any sort of rigid schedule until January. We might run one more 5k – a Santa Hustle. Seems like it would be fun.
- I had planned to run my first half marathon today, but I backed out last month and registered for the 10k that happened yesterday instead. I just didn’t feel ready.
- I registered for a half marathon last night (Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon) – PAID, which means I’ll FOR SURE be doing it in March. I generally wait until the very last minute to register for races because I’m scared to commit, so this is a big deal. For real. This race was my first 5k earlier this year and I said then that it would be my first half, too – so it seems appropriate.
- I have not been doing a great job with the intuitive eating situation. I haven’t weighed in a while, but I’ve gained 5-8 pounds the past few weeks. I can feel it and can see it. My stomach has been hurting, dark circles/bags under my eyes, near constant heartburn, the whole nine yards. I feel uncomfortable and am working to get it under control.
- 2013 was the year of no changes/intentional stress, which went well (except for Molly). 2014? Big changes coming.