Thanksgiving was/has been good. Had fun. Ate a lot. Ready to move on now.

I didn’t do the run. We spent Thanksgiving (and today and tomorrow) in Atlanta, and we waited and drove down on Thanksgiving morning vs. driving down the night before – a plan we finalized at 4PM on Wednesday. So … we were driving at 7AM when it started. The kid and the dog were not so happy about waking up at 5:45AM, but they slept most of the way.

We spent most of Thanksgiving cooking (well, Jon and his mom did) and eating before we had the official dinner around 6PM. It all started decently enough with an appropriate lunch – leftover ham from my mother-in-law’s work thing.

But it didn’t last long.

Jon actually said, “your favorite kind – cheap and disgusting!” when he saw the leftover birthday cake his mom had sitting out.

Then he ate some with me.

My contribution to the day? I snapped beans and talked.

The rest of the day is a blur. I ate a bunch of traditional Thanksgiving stuff and drank wine and stayed up too late and then slept like a rock until I woke up at the crack of dawn with heartburn. Was fun.

Today’s been good. We were too lazy to cook anything and had too little discipline to care, so we went to Cracker Barrel. The kid and the mother-in-law had pancakes, but Jon and I shared a big greasy meal.

The whole thing:

My portion:

(I bought a new small camera and can now whip it out and take pictures in restaurants!)

Lunch was a turkey sandwich with lots of mayo – haven’t had actual bread in ages! – and leftover dressing/gravy and some sort of ginger ale/soda.

And leftover pumpkin pie with leftover homemade whipped cream.

Dinner tonight was pork chops, homemade mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and asparagus.

I’ve had no exercise to speak of, but I HAVE had a lot of fun hanging out, shopping and generally being slothful. 2 days is enough, though. Tomorrow? Gym. My body is stiff and aching. I haven’t even so much as stretched – skipped pilates all of last week – and I feel it.